Course mODULE 1
Using ICT Tools for Effective Monitoring, Impact Evaluation and Research
About the Organization:
The Development CAFE is a registered nonprofit organization (OP.281/051/11-0129/7045/NGO Coordination Board/Republic of Kenya) aimed at enhancing information and communications technology (ICT) skills for development professionals, scientists, researchers and students aroundthe world. DevCAFE'S Professional Development for Development Professionals (PDDP) program aims to expand delivery of ICT skills todevelopment professionals in formats that meet the unique needs of learners. Instruction is delivered through a completely online format, Offline (DVDs/email) are also available for those with limited internet access.
Overall Course Outcome:
The ICT tools for Monitoring and Evaluation course will introduce you to tools and techniques to measure and report project/programme outcomes to your stakeholders, including donors, funders, supervisors or the general public using innovative ICT based tools. At the end of the course, you will become familiar with the components of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan using ICT, and methods and tools to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals such as Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Program Officers, Project managers, Research Scholars and Students and any other professionals who are involved in the monitoring and evaluation process will benefit from this course.
Course Outline: (Highly interactive and Personalized coaching)
- Differences between supervision, monitoring and evaluation and research
- Components of a successful monitoring and evaluation plan
- Introduction of ICT based M&E (Software, Hardware, OS,)
- Advanced ICT Tools for M&E (Including Mobile Phone and Tablet PC based data collection, storage and dissemination)
- Identifying outcome indicators for your project
- Data and types of data, challenges of data collection
- Quantitative methods
- Qualitative methods
- Writing an effective M/E report
- Writing an effective research publication
- All materials are made available through a Learning Management System online
- Approximately 3-4 hours time commitment of your time per week
- At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
- Weekly feedback from committed instructors who are currently enaged at both field and policy level.
- Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically to earn certificate of completion
Participants will need access to a computer working on an operating system Windows XP or higher, and access to the internet for 4-5 hours per week at minimum 500+ KBPS. Participants will need to use email, watch videos posted in YouTube format, listen to audio (mp3), upload and download word docs, PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to watch YouTube videos, then the offline DVD course may be the right alternative for you.
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates. Cerfiticate upon completion. (APPLY NOW)
Course Dates: The course is ongoing all times, given the volume of applications. So you can join anytime and finish it as per your convenience. So you can join anytime and finish it as per your convenience between 2, 3 or 6 month time periods.
Course Fees: (Developing Country Student USD300| Developed Country Student USD 400| Developing Country Professional| USD 550| Developed Country Professional USD 650|Organizational/Group Session USD 1000| (Upto 4 members)|Organizational for Developed Countries USD 1200 (4 Members)